Many of your students are working on writing and publishing poetry. The next step is to share their creative writing. Traditionally, you may have sent home the students' poems on paper. Have you considered sharing their poetry online with audio clips? When you share digitally, grandparents, aunts and uncles will all have access to your students' work. Students tend to take their writing more seriously when they know that it will be shared with a greater audience. You will also address the ISTE NETS (Technology) Student Standards of Creativity/Innovation and Communication/Collaboration.
Poetry can come alive through the author's voice. Voice Record and Vocaroo are both great options for recording your students. Student recordings can then be uploaded to your website or emailed home to parents. Voice Record Pro is available on the K-1 iPads and the Tech Pack iPads (see the MJ Calendar or the SH Calendar to sign them out). Vocaroo is available free online.
Other uses for voice recordings:
- Music class - send a sample reminder to your parents before the end of the year performance or practice an instrumental piece and then self-reflect
- Reading - practice fluency
- Social Studies - re-enact events or discussions such as the Patriots vs. the Loyalists
- Debates on current events
- Public Service Announcements created by your students
Sound effects can also be added! Let me know if you need anything or if you have any fun recording ideas to share.
Vocaroo Sample: http://vocaroo.com/i/