January is a great time to reflect on the year ahead and the goals you hope to achieve. "17 in 2017" is a list of curriculum ideas and resources available at your fingertips. Choose one to try this month! I am happy to provide support to you or your students or to plan a project together.
2. Create an eBook with Google slides - example here - great idea for persuasive writing!
3. Pear Deck - Interactive opportunities for Peer Instruction
4. Ted Talks - students' share their new found knowledge or passion on any topic; OR watch a Ted Talk of your preference
5. Ted Ed - use these 3-5 minute videos to share content; lessons include: Watch, Think, Dig Deeper, and Discuss (How Clouds Get Their Names)
6. There's an App for that....math, geography, creativity, writing - Tech Room iPad Pack (includes 5 iPads) can be signed out anytime!
7. Blogging - you or your students (Kidblog)- Great way to communicate and to get your students writing!
8. Kahoot - a fun and informative check in
9. Seesaw - the fastest way to create a portfolio of student work; invaluable when preparing report cards or at a parent conference. You can take pictures or videos of a students work and have them annotate or record their voice explaining their thinking.
10. Explore the Tech Tools Page for curriculum resources and links for your students
12. Google Drawing - be creative! Create images with captions, images with arrows, interactive activities, the possibilities are endless!
13. Today's Meet - give everyone a voice with a mix of traditional book groups and virtual discussion
15. Flippity - randomly select groups; Jeopardy template; or create flashcards; open a Google Spreadsheet and select Addons/Flippity
16. Google Keep - organize notes, assignments, ideas with virtual stickies
17. Google Forms as assessments, surveys, or feedback regarding a field trip or guest speaker.
Take small steps....try something new each month by adding these engaging resources to your tool kit! Let me know how I can help.