Happy New Year! I hope everyone had a relaxing and rejuvenating vacation! I have a quick tip today but one that will make your life easier! You can now merge cells in tables you create on your Google Docs. This feature makes creating your own graphic organizers, student task sheets, rubrics and checklists much easier.
To insert a table in Google Docs:
- Select Table/Insert Table
- Drag the cursor across the boxes to determine the number of rows and columns in your table
- Click on the cell (box of your table) you want to merge, drag the cursor across all the cells you want to merge together
- Select Table/Merge Cells (if you make a mistake repeat Steps 2 & 3, then select Unmerge Cells
- Other options include filling various boxes with color, enhancing the border (More option), text features and alignment, and deleting or inserting additional rows and columns
# of students
Sample Writing/Retelling Activity Sheet: Student writes story/description and draws corresponding image.
Hope you enjoy these new features!